WashingCon is excited to publish the list that WashingCon attendees have been waiting for: our events schedule! Our events will range from from miniatures game demos such as Fantasy Flight Game’s X-Wing and Steve Jackson Game’s Ogre to role playing game sessions of Bully Pulpit’s Ghost Court to family friendly events such as a costume contest and Fastrack tournament. We will also be featuring the Unpub Protozone, which we discussed previously on this blog.
Read below to see which events we have announced so far. We will be announcing signups for events as well as additional ones as we finalize out schedule on this blog soon. Individuals who have purchased tickets for the convention can sign up for free on the WashingCon website. They will need their ticket to participate in the event during the convention. As always, check back on this blog, Facebook, and Twitter for more announcements about WashingCon.
WashingCon Events on Saturday, September 10
- All Day: Open Gaming. Convention attendees will have a chance to play a range of games in the 10,000 square foot open gaming hall.
- 10:00 am – 6:00 pm: Vendor Hall. Convention attendees will have a chance to check and out purchase games and other items from vendors such as Labyrinth Game Shop and Fun to 11 Games.
- 11:00 am – 6:00 pm: Unpub Protozone. WashingCon’s own Unpub Protozone will feature designers demoing and playtesting their latest work – and the next potential hit game.
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Evolution Demo. NorthStar games will be demoing Evolution, where players compete against each other to create and evolve their own species in a dynamic ecosystem with predators and limited resources.
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Evolution Tournament. WashingCon will bring the phrase “survival of the fittest” to life in the Evolution tournament as players compete across multiple games to claim the title of most dominant species at the convention.
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Andy Versus Everyone. Come to this unique tournament where you compete against legendary game designer Andy Looney of Looney Labs as he plays up to 10 games at once. Participants who manage to beat Andy will receive prizes.
- 2:00 pm: Munchkin Tournament Preliminary Round One. Come play the classic and irreverent RPG card game from Steve Jackson Games in WashingCon’s Munchkin tournament. Participants who win this preliminary round will enter the final round on Sunday.
- 2:00 pm: Ogre Demos. This demo of Steve Jackson Game’s classic miniatures war game will feature Objective 218, the game’s upcoming Second Edition, and other products in the Ogre universe.
- 5:00 pm: Munchkin Tournament Preliminary Round Two. Participants who win this preliminary round will enter the final round on Sunday.
- 6:00 pm: Car Wars Demos. Steve Jackson games will be running demos of Car Wars: Max Carnage School of Offensive Driving, the latest game set in the Car Wars world.
- 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm: The WashingCon Wits and Wagers Game Show. After years of work, WashingCon is excited to host game show version of the party game Wits and Wagers from Northstar Games.
Executive Conference Room
- All day: X-Wing Events. WashingCon will set aside a whole room for X-wing players and attendees who want to learn about the game. In addition to demo games and learn to play sessions, we will host an epic battle set up on a 16-foot long conference table.
Conference Room 4
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm: War Games Discussion and Demos with Jason Matthews. Join Jason Matthews, the designer of the award-winning war game Twilight Struggle, for a discussion about war games and demos on various designs.
- 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm: The WashingCon Wits and Wagers Game Show. WashingCon will host another game show session of Northstar Game’s party game Wits and Wagers.
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm: GURPS Prime Directive Demo. Come by the RPG area to play Steve Jackson Game’s GURPS Prime Directive RPG, which gives players the opportunity to explore the Star Fleet Universe.
Conference Rooms 5 and 6
- 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm: Two Rooms and a Boom. WashingCon will make this hit party game live up to its name and host it in two rooms for a special Saturday evening event.
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Fastrack Tournament. WashingCon invites attendees with a steady hand and careful aim to participate in our Fastrack tournament sponsored by Blue Orange Games.
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Costume Contest. WashingCon’s Family Area will host a fantasy-themed costume contest for children ages 10 years and younger for Peaceable Kingdom games such as Cauldron Quest and Fairy Game. We will have fun prizes like stickers for participants.
WashingCon Events on Sunday, September 11
- All Day: Open Gaming.
- 10:00 am – 6:00 pm: Vendor Hall.
- 11:00 am – 6:00 pm: Unpub Protozone.
- 10:00 am – 7:00 pm: NorthStar Games Demos. NorthStar Games will demo several of their games such as Evolution, Happy Salmon, and others. Titles are subject to change.
- 11:00 am – 4:00 pm: Jason Matthews Game Demos. Jason Matthews will demo his newest games such as 1989: Dawn of Freedom and teach people to play his classic designs such as Twilight Struggle.
- 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Sola Fide: The Reformation Demos. Jason Matthews will demo his new game Sola Fide: The Reformation, a game based on the Protestant Reformation where one player aims to spread the Reformation across the Holy Roman Empire and the other tries to prevent it.
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Super Dungeon Explore Demo. Come learn to play the chibi-anime inspired miniatures game Dungeon Explore from Soda Pop Miniatures.
Conference Room 3
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Game Design Panel. Join published game designers such as Jason Matthews, Ben Rosset, and other special guests to be announced as they discuss various topics related to game design.
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm: GURPS Prime Directive Demos. Come by the RPG area to play Steve Jackson Game’s GURPS Prime Directive RPG, which gives players the opportunity to explore the Star Fleet Universe.
- 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Ghost Court Demos. Come to the RPG area to play Ghost Court by Bully Pulpit Games, a game that lets players act out The People's Court as people and ghosts engaged in legal imbroglios.