As WashingCon draws near, we wanted to provide some details about the Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center, our convention space and hotel. The hotel and center is a short walk from the heart of historic Georgetown on M Street. We want everyone to know that:
- The gaming space is over 10,000 square feet with dedicated rooms for specific events and the Family Games Room.
- In addition to hosting events in the center’s main room, we will hold others in the six conference rooms surrounding the main room.
- There will be several food options right in the hotel and conference center.
- The center will have paid parking; limited street parking may be available around the center on Saturday and Sunday.
We will publish more information about which events will take place in these rooms in the coming weeks.
In terms of our hotel accommodations, the hotel has generously provided us with a significant discount for WashingCon attendees. Attendees who are interested in booking a room at the hotel should know that:
- Guests will be able to book discounted hotel rooms for Friday and Saturday night for $119 per night using this link: http://bookings.ihotelier.com/bookings.jsp?groupID=1675250&hotelID=15410
- If you have booked a room, call the hotel at (202) 687-3200 and let them know they are part of WashingCon and would like the room block rate. The hotel will modify your reservation to get the discounted rate.
- If you cannot book a room because we ran out of spaces in the room block, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know so we can add additional rooms.
We also want to remind participants that they must make reservations by Wednesday, August 10th.
If you want to learn more about the hotel and spaces, please visit the Georgetown Hotel and Conference website. As always, check back on this blog, Facebook, and Twitter for more announcements about WashingCon.