WashingCon relies heavily on the hard work of our volunteers to help organize and staff the convention. Our team of volunteers and their dedication to the tabletop community in the DC area will be critical to making this year’s convention a success.
If you want to contribute to this year's convention, here are three important details about volunteering with WashingCon:
- In return for working two 4-hour shifts, volunteers will have their tickets refunded after the convention; they must purchase a regular ticket before the event.
- Volunteers will also receive a free volunteer t-shirt to wear during their shifts and keep afterward.
- Volunteers need to visit WashingCon's volunteer sign up page to register for their shifts.
Remember, you need to sign up for two shifts to receive a refund for your ticket after the convention.
In addition to working at the convention, volunteers will need to attend one of two upcoming volunteer meetings that we will host in DC in mid-August:
- Sunday August 14 at 6:30 at Labyrinth Game Shop, 645 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE.
- Monday August 15 at 6:30 pm at the SE Public Library, 403 7th Street, SE.
At the meeting, you’ll learn more about the job you signed up for as well be able to offer suggestions for making the convention even better. If you cannot attend either meeting, please sign up for your shifts and email Ben Rosset at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any other questions about volunteering, please email Ben.
Once again, WashingCon would like to thank all of our volunteers for their hard work and commitment to making the convention possible.